BA (Hons), MPsychol (App), PhD, FAPS, MCOP
In December 2019, our friend and colleague, Dr Elizabeth Allworth, passed away suddenly and unexpectedly at her home in northern NSW. Elizabeth and I founded Allworth Juniper in 1997 and had had a professional working relationship and friendship since 1992.
Over the last 20 plus years, Elizabeth mentored and coached numerous psychologists and registrars and taught in various Masters programs at The University of NSW, The University of Sydney and Macquarie University. She was, and remains, a highly respected member of the international organisational psychology profession and contributed greatly to the College of Organisational Psychologists in Australia.
Not only was she a highly intelligent, consummate professional and outstanding organisational psychologist, she was a warm, generous, considerate, supportive, compassionate, loyal and good person. She was my business partner of over 20 years and a great friend to me, her family, colleagues and friends, and all who have worked at Allworth Juniper.
Elizabeth is deeply missed everyday by her husband, family, friends, colleagues, and of course, the team at Allworth Juniper. We are all the lesser for her loss, but the greater for having known her and been in her good company.
Elizabeth Allworth was an organisational psychologist with 25 years experience designing and delivering psychological assessment and occupational testing services to a diverse range of industries and organisations in Australia. As a scientist-practitioner, Elizabeth had built a reputation for the expert design and delivery of valid, pragmatic, relevant and defensible employee assessment systems.
Elizabeth’s professional experience includes:
- Design and delivery of psychological assessment and testing services to over 200 organisations
- Design and delivery of assessment and development centres, and multiple mini interviews (MMIs)
- Management of psychometric testing research, development and validation projects
- Consultation to employers on best practice in employee selection
- Performance measurement and appraisal including 360-degree feedback surveys
- Training of HR and line managers in coaching, feedback and behavioural interviewing skills
- Lecturing to post-graduate organisational and coaching psychology students at UNSW and Sydney University
- Presentations at national and international professional conferences
- Supervision of Master of Organisational Psychologists students and provisional psychologists
- Published research in the International Journal of Selection and Assessment
- Authored/co-authored chapters in four text books.
- Reviewed manuscripts and submissions to International Journal of Selection and Assessment, and the Journal of Personnel Psychology; the Australian Psychological Society, the Australian Industrial and Organisational Psychology, SIOP and IAAP Conferences.
- Member of the APS Ethics Committee and the APS Ethical Guidelines Committee
- 2009 Elton Mayo Professional Practice Award.